background

Friday, February 24, 2012

Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge at Moxie



I love that Moxie Fab World always seems to pick a challenge theme that fit my creative plans! So, today's post is a entry into Moxie Fab World's Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge. I liked my entry into Going Buggy's Butterflies and Lace challenge so much that I planned to make a page. Once again, Moxie motivated me to get it done!
Since childhood I have been obsessed with blue and white. I loved going to my Grandmothers' cottages and seeing their cobalt glass, and delft china! So, what more perfect photo to scrap, then a photo of one of my Grandmother's cottages? Such fond memories, scrapped in my favorite colors with some of my favorite products!
So, I started with the Decorative window die from Heartfelt Creations. I love this custom die, and wanted to use it on a page. So, I cut four white windows and embossed them too. I carefully trimmed them apart and cut out the center mullions. Here is how the die looks, before I cut it apart. I glued it onto my Cricut Imagine Heirloom paper, and cut a circle in the center.
I used the Stampin Up, Sizzix Designer Rosette Die to cut and score my rosette. I needed three of the cuts to make this size rosette. Again, the paper is printed with Heirloom Imagine cartridge.
I stamped the flower and the fern swirl with another Heartfelt Creations product called Innoscents Flowers PreCut Set, and used the matching Blossom 2 Nestabilities to cut the flower. I love the matching stamp sets and dies that Heartfelt Creations has, they were way ahead of this trend, and had them before anyone I know. To the center of the flower, I added Art Glitter Dragonfly Dazzlers and Primary Dew Drops by the Robin's Nest on top. I love this technique of layering the Dew Drops over glitter! So, sparkly and rich! The small leaves are made with a Creative Memories punch.
I created my title using the Cricut Craft Room software, Storybook, Heritage, Ashlyn's Alphabet and Heirloom. I have so been wanting to make my own label with my Imagine to match a project.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous at 500 Celebration & Give Away
    What a terrific accomplishment - and awesome gift.
    Have fun - good luck to the winner - for helping cricutcraftyclare reach her 500

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails