Friday, October 24, 2014
For the frugal look, the sweater is a cotton acrylic blend and also has a beautiful collar. The brand name is Chaus and it is priced at $$69.00. Add the beautiful floral ASTR print blouse ($52.00), the coated jean by Topshop and shoes by Lucky Brand and you can get the girl on a budget look for less then 10% off the designer look! Find both looks here.
So, here is your chance send me a request for a girl on a budget look and include photos of your high end designer look. I will check the Keaton Row catalog and try and find you a girl on a budget option. You can send me a request for a FREE lookbook at any time here. Just click in the black button in the upper right hand corner labeled Request a Free Lookbook.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Go long! When wearing a button down collar, a short necklace breaks up the collar and front placket and shortens your look (see photo above). So, wear a long necklace!
- Stretch for Success! Don't have a long necklace to wear with your look? Add a bracelet at the back to extend the length of your necklace and tuck the bracelet under the back of your collar. See in the photo below, how I added a silver bracelet at the back of this necklace? This is also a great money saver and you know I LOVE that!
- Go for contrast! Wear a necklace that shows up on your clothing.
- Pull the look together with repetition in odd numbers of 3 or 5. So add other accessories in the same color as the necklace. This can include your shoe or your handbag! See how the sand color in the necklace is also in my sweater?
- Slightly off center is best for embellished necklace. A necklace that has a center bead, but looks best with an asymmetrical placement.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- Apres sweater looks, like the dress above. Not sure about pulling off the print? Add some accessories with one color from the knit pattern.
- Mod 1960's look, like this A Line sweater dress with black seam lines (photo below). Pair it with a red blazer to brighten up your Fall Winter day and add a bit of red in the shoe! I love this sweater dress for my over 40 figure! The A line is a sweater dress perfect for the flattering an older figure and not does NOT high light the back side!
- And the Classic Plaid sweater dress. Pair with another classic, the pea coat some great stacked heel boots and a bag with tailored details. See photo below. This is another great silhouette for the woman who thinks she can't pull off the body conscious dress, and still wants to wear a sweater dress!
Find all these great sweater dress looks here. Don't see a sweater dress you like? Just request a FREE lookbook and let me know what you are looking for and your budget!
Sunday, October 19, 2014
You can find all the pieces here.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
You can find the designer look and the look for less here.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
You can find it here.
You can also pair the military boot with a dress, like this beautiful dolman sleeve sweater dress by Joie! I love the fit of this dress to flatter the figure and balance any pair shape! Add a bit of blue with Kate Spade accessories and your set! Find this look here.
And you can add the Alpine sweater look and a retro angora sweater to your military boot look, line the one pictured above. Find this look here.
Don't see what you like? I also have a page of military boots here.
I hope you will give this timeless investment piece a try this season with me at Keaton Row! Want more boot looks, check out these posts on The Below The Knee Boot, & The Over the Knee Boot.
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Find all these great pieces here.