Old sweater with sleeves
2 yds of Ribbon 1/2" or wider (cut in half one for each leg)
- Cut the ribbon to 1 yard lengths (2 qty).
- Finish edges with Fray check and allow to dry.
- Mark the sweater 5" from the bottom hem of the sleeve with a straight line, perpendicular to the side fold of the sleeve.
- Fold the one yard length of ribbon in half and center the ribbon on the sleeve below the marked line, closer to the cuff. Match the fold in the ribbon to the center fold in the sleeve, opposite the underarm sleeve. Pin the ribbon in place along line in several places. I used three pins for each side of the sleeve.
- Place sweater sleeve on the sewing machine with the ribbon side up, and the sweater side down.
- Sewing the side closest to the shoulder, start the seam at the underarm seam and go around the sleeve being sure not to stretch the sweater. Stop at the underarm seam being sure not to catch the ribbon ends.
- Stitch a second seam on the other side of the ribbon closest to the cuff.
- Carefully cut the sweater sleeve above the ribbon, already sewn on, on the side closest to the shoulder. Above is my finished sweater cuff.
Try a pair of boot cuffs with these!