background

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Where to? Great Lakes Get Away

Looking for a Great Lakes getaway?  Check out South Haven Michigan!  It's just a two hour drive from Chicago and three hours from Detroit.  South Haven is a great beach town with plenty of Midwest charm.
Where to Shop:
For a day of shopping, head up to Saugatuck, Michigan.  Saugatuck is known as the "Art Coast of Michigan" and is filled with wonderful galleries and shops!  And just south of Saugatuck along the Blue Star highway, there are antique shops.  USA Today reader's have vote Saugatuck, the best weekend getaway location in the US.  
While there be sure to visit the  Farmers market in South Haven on Wednesday or Saturday.  There are so many fruits and vegetables grown in this region of Michigan and we love the fresh produce and home made baked goods at the farmers market!  Blueberry fans might want to stop at De Grandchamp's Farm, top pick up some fresh blueberries, home made jellies, jams, and sauces, or just pick your own.
Where to Eat:
Restaurant dinning is always a pleasure, since produce is often provided from local growers and picked at it's best!  In South Haven we like Clementines for casual dining and great food, and if we are in the mood for jazz during dinner, we head up to The What Not Inn, in Fennville. If you are an ice cream lover, we can recommend Sherman's on Phoenix Road in South Haven.
Where to Stay: 
This area of Michigan is the Bed and Breakfast lover's dream.  Visit http://www.michigan.org/bed-breakfasts/ for information on B & B's.  Or check the South Haven Chamber of Commerce site for locations to stay.  


WHAT TO WEAR





FOR THE BEACH
So, what am I wearing from Keaton Row to my Great Lakes get away?  I'll need a swimsuit and cover up!  I love this classic glamorous Badgley Miscke suit in black with an airy white cover up by LIV that has the feeling of the classic cotton linen's of yesterday!  This beach hat is just what I wanted and I love the cutout with the floppy brim to keep the sun off and keep me cool.  Shades are a must and these ombre lenses will flatter the face at a great price!  And finally, I never visit the beach with out the tote for holding the sunscreen,  lip gloss, paper back, and more!
FOR GALLERY SHOPPING
For the gallery shopping day, I like to wear something elegant and classic as well.  So many bright colors in the shops have me thinking of wearing black and white!  I am a huge fan of the cold shoulder trend this season and love this Bailey 44 black top.  I'm pairing it with this seasons trendy white skinny jeans because I know how versatile these jeans are!  I like flats for a day of shopping and some stunning jewelry in classic silver.

FOR DINER & DANCING
After the beach and shopping, we'll head out for dinner and hopefully dancing!  Or maybe we'll take trip to some of the many area wineries! I love a maxi dress, with a graphic print at the top of the post.  Add to that the Free People Crochet top, a laser cut clutch, thong sandals and a string of pearls and I'm feeling stylish for the anywhere in the Bay Region of Michigan.  You can find all of my Great Lakes Getaway looks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails