background

Sunday, October 17, 2010

How about a Spider Card?


I just got Tim Holtz's Rosette die and am loving it! As you may have noticed, I tend to explore my latest favorite until it becomes a bit obsessive. Remember my scallops on every cut? My addiction to plastic packaging? Well now, it's TH's rosette! So, the other day I was inspired to try and make a spider with my new die and pipe cleaners. There is something about pipe cleaners and buttons that remind me of my childhood crafting. I used my Doodle bug flocking on the spider body, and my Martha Stewart Punch around the page Iron fence too! What a fun, cute card! Oh, and did you know that the Etsy Inspired Challenge blog allows you to enter their challenges more than once? So, I am going to enter the challenge again! I was inspired by the colors in this card at Capturing Creativity to make my color choices.

7 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! What a great new wat to use these oh so popular rosettes. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for your inspiration piece! Love the colors and that huge spider ROCKS!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great spider! I love that you used pipe cleaners (they remind me of childhood crafting too!). Glad you found some more inspiration from my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY love the spider!!! I simply love your use of flocking--it's super genius and perfect for the spider! Plus, the MS punch is perfect for setting off the terrific spider! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this FUN card,Clare! The spider is too cute! Thanks so much for playing EI challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare! You won EtsyInspired! Check the blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Clare, this is so cute! I had a hard time finding you from the address given on Shelly's blog (paperandflowers). It kept saying there was no such blog. I think you left out a 'y' in there. I am in love with your Cricut covers. I am a semi-retired dressmaker, and have always thought, "I should make a cover for my Cricut." Is that Amy Butler fabric you used? LOVE it!
    Laura
    http://cricutcard-iologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails