background

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Amy Chomas Mini Marker holders My 1st Projects



I just finished my first projects with my mini gel marker holder from Amy Chomas. Amy and her husband have a business making marker holders that you can use in place of your blade. I won these Staples Mini markers and the holder in the Crop Out Diabetes online crop, and promised to post some pictures when I used them. Find Amy and her pen holders here. She carries several different marker holders, so check it out. Thanks Amy for the holder, markers and for donating to Crop Out Diabetes!
Here I have made a birthday card for my brother. Can you guess his birthdate? Yes, St. Patrick's Day! Since I have 4 brothers and six sisters, I am thankful this one falls on a holiday and I never forget it!
I used Graphically Speaking for the scalloped frame, Lyrical Letters for the Happy Bday and A Childs Year for the clover. If you want this cut file, just leave a post with your email addy. I wasn't sure how many people need St. Patrick's Day birthday cards, and you will need to get it out quickly if you use it. I am showing a picture with just the markers, and one I painted with my watercolor markers. Haven't had those out to paint since college when I minored in Art.

Then I decided to try a very detailed cut that I thought might be difficult to cut, weed and or get off the mat. Also, I wanted to try and SVG file. I loved Paulo's Indian lace border! You can find Paulo's blog here. Be warned you will want all his files! I used his top file for the detail and his bottom file for the cutting of the lace after I used my marker.
Here's what I learned. 1) Do a test cut (actually a print) to make sure your marker is inserted all the way. 2) My machine had a bit of trouble with the edge of the mat, even with the marker inserted all the way. So, I will move my images in a half an inch from the cutting edge for future marker projects. If the problem was the marker, or the holder the lines made by the movement of the blade housing would have been all over my file. So, I believe this is my machine's issue! 3) I love that I have a new tool to use on my machine!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun!!! Thanks for linking to my blog! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have the file for the St. Patrick's Birthday card. I have a very Irish friend who has a birthday coming up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat I would be happy to send this file to you, but need an email address. You can drop me a note at: cjdempsey9@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails